1). Cut a piece of paper and draw a rectangle that has your waist measurement example 27 inches x the height of the elastic you wish to use example 2” x 2 so your rectangle measurement should
Be 27” long by 4” wide
2) Elastic cut measurement. Measure your waist measurement for example 27” reduce elastic measurement by 5” so elastic fits you slightly tight around your waist total elastic cut measurement should be 22”
3) Decide how long you want your skirt to be for example if you are 5’ 5” tall you might want your skirt to be 45 inches long add 2 extra inches to skirt length to finish off the hem.
4) Let’s make the front skirt panel. Draw a rectangle shape that is 47 inches long by 25 inches wide.
5) Now let’s make the back skirt panel. Draw a rectangle shape that is 47 inches long by 35 inches wide.
6) Make sure that both skirt panels have enough fabric ease around your hips to give to this skirt the flowing effect you wish to accomplish. Also, please note that this pattern has no seam allowance so you have to add a ½” seam allowance to your skirt pattern pieces before cutting and sewing.
Ready to start pattern making your designs? Click the get started button below. we are apparel industry pattern making experts with 25 plus year experience in pattern making and drafting services.
Alejandro Esparza: Entrepreneur/ Founder @ smartpatternmaking.com/ Designer/ Professional Pattern Maker/ Startup Advisor. He has the ability to work with small entrepreneurial companies’ private label customers and large organizations. Alejandro is a graduate of Los Angeles Trade Technical College Fashion Design Program. He is an expert with over 25 years experience in apparel garment industry and has published multiple articles about the garment industry. Copyright © by Alejandro Esparza. All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be copy or used without written Permission from Alejandro Esparza the Author.