1). Cut a piece of paper and draw a rectangle that has your waist measurement example 27 inches x the height of the elastic you wish to use example 2” x 2 so your rectangle measurement should
Be 27” long by 4” wide
2) Elastic cut measurement. Measure your waist measurement for example 27” reduce elastic measurement by 5” so elastic fits you slightly tight around your waist total elastic cut measurement should be 22”
3) Decide how long you want your skirt to be for example if you are 5’ 5” tall you might want your skirt to be 45 inches long add 2 extra inches to skirt length to finish off the hem.
4) Let’s make the front skirt panel. Draw a rectangle shape that is 47 inches long by 25 inches wide.
5) Now let’s make the back skirt panel. Draw a rectangle shape that is 47 inches long by 35 inches wide.
6) Make sure that both skirt panels have enough fabric ease around your hips to give to this skirt the flowing effect you wish to accomplish. Also, please note that this pattern has no seam allowance so you have to add a ½” seam allowance to your skirt pattern pieces before cutting and sewing.
Click the skirt pattern making image below to start pattern making your next skirt designs today!
Ready to start making different skirt types for yourself or fashion brand? if so, Drop us a chat NOW and we’ll get you started!
Loved reading this article and founded valuable? If so, Show us some love and buy us a coffee! ☕ :)
Developing tools and creating valuable content takes a lot of hours of work and days of research so that you can have them at your disposal. Also, keeping the content you read (Ads FREE) and operating this website cost a lot of money. So please, consider supporting us, so that we might continue to provide you with more valuable tools, fresh content, and to continue offering you with the best services that you deserve!