No two alteration projects are the same. Starting with that principle in mind, we look at many factors that have to be considered in order to undertake the perfect alteration project. And guess what? Depending on the alteration project or your particular garment, the factors may be different.
But, by way of example, we might conclude that your alteration requires special attention being paid to the following...
• The amount of alteration being accurate and advisable
• Maintaining the style of the garment you want to be altered. For example, if we are working with a bikini, does the style of the bikini remain the same as before the adjustments? It absolutely should, unless the modification was done to change the style
• The sewing line should be positioned as it was before the alteration so that the garment drapes perfectly
• Connecting sewing lines must correspond to the other sewing lines
• The curve sewing line of the bikini, dress or shirt must curve smoothly
• The modified part of the bikini or skirt must lie smooth and flat and not bulge, so as to come out as a perfectly altered pattern.
The point is, it’s our goal to get your alteration done just the way you want it — so you can look and feel your best in that dress, skirt, shirt or bikini that deserves a second life.